Students, faculty and staff will have access to information from anywhere there is an Internet connection, at any time of day or night. There will be online tools for just about everything, and processes will be much more similar from college to college than they are now. This will be good for students who transfer between colleges, or attend more than one institution at a time. It will also lead to an overall increase in effectiveness and efficiency across the state.
Here are some additional benefits of the new system:
- Common ID Numbers - Students will have a single, electronic record with one identification number, available to all 34 colleges in the Washington Community and Technical College System.
- Admissions Application - Future students will have one admission application process regardless of where or when they decide to attend.
- Student Monitoring Tools - Students will be able to monitor their "time to degree." Educational planners and faculty advisers will also be able to audit the process to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
- Single Electronic Record - Faculty and staff will have a single electronic record with one identification number, even if they move between colleges or work at more than one institution at a time.
- Purchasing and Payroll Process - Colleges will be able to consolidate purchasing and payroll processing.
- Paperwork Reduction - Faculty and staff will be able to do most functions electronically, greatly reducing our reliance on paper forms.
- Electronic approvals - managers and administrators will be able to electronically approve purchase requisitions, leave requests and much more without handling unnecessary paper.